Unsure what UFLive really is? Want to know more about the game? Check out the UFLive Frequently Asked Questions below!
1. What is UFLive?
UFLive is a Football Management MMO being developed by Netsports Software Ltd 'for the fans, by the fans'. It's a community driven PC game where you face 1000s of other real-life managers to find out who is the best manager of them all.
For a football fan or gamer, who is looking for a challenging, immersive and unique gaming experience - UFLive is for you!
2. What platforms will UFLive be released on?
Upon release, the game will be playable on PC, Mac and Linux. Further down the line we will be looking at an Android/iOS App along with browser integration.
3. What does the basic gameplay of UFLive involve?
Everyone creates their own personalised football team from scratch. Giving it a name, choosing a badge and signing a starting squad of players. From here, work your way up until you can challenge the best! Most of your game-time will involve community interaction:
- Managing your match day squads on and off the field
- Wheeling and dealing for players and staff.
- Managing club finances and building a whole array of infrastructure.
- Developing youth players from schoolboy age through a comprehensive scouting and development system
- Taking part in International & Inter-Gameworld competitions.
- Interacting with 1000s of other real-life managers from any Gameworld, through chat, playing mini-games and many other ways.
- Taking part in the huge PvE element of UFLive, completing missions with and without your fellow managers.
4. Will there be real or fantasy players in UFLive?
All players will be fantasy. The naming rights are currently too expensive for us at the minute and it was also found that fictional players were a popular choice within the community.
5. Will there be a restriction of the number of people within a Gameworld (server) and can I play with my friends?
We are currently working towards Gameworlds of 1000 teams (and managers). By release, we will have a system in place where you can make sure you play in the same Gameworld as your friends (and rivals!). There will also be inter-Gameworld interaction where you can chat and play matches and tournaments within the UFLive universe.
6. What sets UFLive apart from other Football MMOs?
We are developing UFLive as a unique game with its own character and set of features, but given the nature of the genre, there may be some similarities. Having said that, UFLive is being designed with a huge level of depth and content and a major emphasis on community activity.
7. Are we aiming for UFLive to appeal to casual fans, hardcore fans, or both? How MMO-like is it?
We want to appeal to all users, and to achieve this we are creating a real sense of achievement (and reward) for all league levels, and opening up many features to all managers regardless of how long they have been playing, or how good their team is. These elements will include PvE and full international competitions.
We are also adding many MMO type elements into the game. A lot of mission type PvE, and also a progression system similar to leveling with which MMO players will be very familiar with. We feel the MMO aspect is key to success in this genre, and massive emphasis on the community. Making players feel like they are part of something much bigger than just a football game
There will also be mini-games, and a clubhouse called 'The Dugout' in game from the first release where managers can meet up and chat about the days matches in game or in real life over a drink or two, or play a round of poker for virtual money.
8. Will there be a subscription fee or will UFLive rely on advertising revenue?
We believe that the game will function best as a subscription based game. Details about prices will be announced closer to release.
9. Will UFLive be updated throughout its life?
Ideally we would like the game to be perfect upon release, but from there, it will be constantly updated and have features added when needed.
10. When will Alpha and Beta testing commence?
We are just about to start a closed Alpha testing phase in the very near future (October 2011). Approximately 50 testers from the public will be required to join the developers in Alpha testing and these testers will be chosen from constructive forum members and fan groups. These 50 testers will be added to the Alpha program once the build is robust and a basic core feature set has been implemented.
Beta will then follow once the game is ready and will continue until the game is released.
11. What is the planned release date?
Due to the nature of the development process we are not ready to publish a release date. The game will be released when we feel it is ready.
12. Where can we find out more about UFLive?
One of the best things you can do is sign up to the forums, where you can post your thoughts and interact regularly with the developers. You can also subscribe to our mailing list and read our developer blogs. Lastly, make sure you check out the Facebook and Twitter pages!