Ultimate Football Live is a football management MMO game being developed by the community.
Project Status: Pre-Alpha.
Next milestone: Closed alpha testing.
Well guys, it's time to wish UFLive a first Happy Birthday and we are very pleased to be sharing it with you. When the project first started we didn't know what to expect, but we have really enjoyed the journey over the year, developing the game, interacting with the community and shaping the future the game as the fans desire. UFLive is truly 'For the fans, by the fans'.
The original team included Will, Jules, Thom, Jonathan, Mark, Tommy, Ryan with Noel, Stephen (theCoach!) and Alexander joining us throughout the year. Each member of the team adds something unique and important to the project!
I'll take a moment to mention the highlights from the past year.
- The first game concept floated by Will, with the original working name of 'Soccer Universe'. Within days Will had setup the original Google group followed by the official Forums and the website. Exciting times as many intriguing and unique ideas were suggested!
- Netsports Software Ltd was incorporated as a private limited company as the official makers of Ultimate Football Live.
- Netsports first AGM was held in Manchester with developers coming in from all over the UK. This was where the rest of the team saw the client in action for the first time.
- The first public webchat with the developers was held and it was a very rewarding experience for both the developers and the community. It's been followed by a webchat every couple months.
- From Will's post on Reddit, we were extremely excited to see UFLive mentioned on DIYGamer! We are extremely grateful for the coverage DIYGamer and Arsen gave us, but that was not all...
- The first alpha competitions were held to give members of the public the opportunity to take part in Alpha testing.
- The four Alpha competitions finished and winners were announced. Congratulations to David, Will, Stu, Sergio, Chris, Alan and Ross for their outstanding entries. Not to mention the now adopted tagline 'For the Fans, by the fans'.
- Comprehensive Game Guide published on the forums.
- After speaking with Arsen, he was very keen to interview the Netsports team and published another article appearing in DIYGamer. Great questions asked and once again we are very grateful for the attention Arsen gave us.
- The fansite UFLive-Fan was founded and the continual hard work by Peter is greatly appreciated. It was followed shortly after by UFLive.gr, to represent the massive Greek community. Thanks for your work George and Thanassis!
- Netsports Software now with its own website.
- One of the most exciting moments for fans and devs alike, was the release of the first UFLive in-game screenshots. They were met with praise and constructive critique which is exactly what we want from our community!
- UFLive celebrates its first birthday along with the release of NEW screenshots - as seen below.
Please click the image to zoom in! Head to this thread to discuss your thoughts about the new screenshots.
Thanks for reading guys, as we have already said - none of this would be possible without the continual help of you guys.
It is very exciting to think where UFLive will be in one years time.